Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of "School"





I never thought I'd be sending my little ladybug to "school" at 2.5 years old...but here we go! Our church advertised a Mother's Day Out program 2 days a week and I thought it would be a good opportunity for her to play with some other little kids.

She was so quiet on "Meet the Teacher Day", didn't talk to anyone, although she did walk around and play with some of the toys. I also watched her stare down another little boy while waiting for her turn on the rocking horse. I suppose I should be thankful that she only stared and didn't push him off! So far, we have been lucky and she hasn't learned about hitting, throwing and shoving.

Here she is getting ready to go in with her ladybug lunch bag. Oh and there's lots of rules, like no open toe shoes. We had to scrounge to find some since we've been living in sandals all summer.






Today was play-doh day and a first for buggy. I've never introduced her to play-doh, but it looks like they got along just fine!

I pray that school continues to go well for her and that she meets lots of new little friends. I want her social skills to flourish!


4 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

No open toed shoes, a great idea, one I wish my son's school would adopt. I cringe when I see boys and girls show up in flimsy flip flops. How is safe?

Hope Ladybug loves going to school. Hope you enjoy your little time to yourself.

Texas Howdy said...

I am so happy that she has started and that she loves it. My little honey is growing up. Mimi

Mom said...

She looks like a big girl now going to school. Hope she enjoys it and has fun.

Nanou Mimosa said...

t's great what can go to school, even so young. It's very good for socialization and more it seems to be very happy. Marissa Bravo