Friday, August 22, 2008

Kitty Qualms

My sweet furbaby, KittyBitty, has been sick lately. She's 9 years old and has always been a little overweight. A typical morning would be waking up to her howling for food in her bowl. Imagine my surprise when she hasn't eaten at all for the past week. She hasn't followed her normal routine either. When I'm getting ready for work, she follows me around and doesn't let me out of her sight. Lately, I've found myself walking around the house looking for her. After trudging upstairs, I'd find her curled up on the guest bed or plopped in a corner snoozing.

After spending a few hours at the vet today, we still don't know what's wrong. But the kitty's got to eat and she came home with a silly cone around her head and a feeding tube in her throat. Needless to say, she's being a trooper but she's not happy. I think tomorrow when the grogginess wears off, she'll spend more time trying to figure out how to get it off.


I prepared her food in the blender with some water and filled the syringe. The vet had drawn me a picture today to demonstrate the process. It went surprisingly well and she kept it all down. Well, most of it....Thomas did end up with a messy shirt when he took her to sit down and cuddle.



Off to bed. It's a busy, busy weekend in addition to feeding KB 5 times a day.

No comments: