Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today's the Big Day!!

Well, Mom and Dad arrived on Tuesday at Deana and Thomas's house. They hit the grocery stores and Mom has been making chicken salad and some other things for us to have when Deana and Thomas get home later today. Thomas's parents will also be arriving today for the big pickup at the airport.
I've been busy this week making some things for us to have....white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and jalouise pastries for breakfast. Nothing's been baked, it's all just prepped and frozen, ready for the oven at any time!

Here's the last email I got from Deana as they were getting ready to leave China. I hope the flight literally FLEW BY!!! I can't wait for them to get home!

Hello family,
It's been a long day. We got up early to go to the zoo, but I was just feeling too sick so we stayed here at the hotel. Marissa and I took a long nap and I instantly felt so much better.

T went and picked up Ladybug's visa and then we grabbed a taxi to shop and spend the last bit of our yuan. We had quite a bit left to spend and we really had a great time looking around and finding a few treasures. One of my goals during this trip was to buy 18 small gifts for Marissa. I wanted to be able to give her a small Chinese gift every year on Jan 25, which we'll call our family day. I'm excited that I finally accomplished this goal.

Marissa was so good while we were out, and once we got back to the hotel she played on the bed for a few minutes and then fell asleep quickly. She's been in her bed the past hour while we have packed and I haven't heard a peep from her.

Packing to come home is a whole lot easier than packing to come here. I've just practically thrown it into the suitcase and perhaps I can sweet talk my sweet mother to help me get everything washed and caught up when we do get home.

It's 10:38 pm here and I've really got to get some sleep. Our bags have to be ready for the bell boys at 6:45 am. Please pray for us as we travel. I'm really feeling some anxiety about traveling such a long way with our sweet baby. I am so ready to be home though! We arrive at DFW around 3:35 pm on Feb 4!

Love,Deana





No comments: