Sunday, March 14, 2010

I believe in signs



I have been doing a little cleaning and organizing these last few weeks before going back to work. In doing so I found a few toys that my nanny had made for me to give to my child "someday." I also found a doll that she had given me that was still in the box. I remember the year she gave it to me and I am ashamed to say that I also remember thinking that I was too old for a doll. But I have kept it all these years because my nanny gave it to me. When I pulled it out to take a look at it, I noticed that the box had ladybugs on it. Upon closer inspection, the doll itself had brown hair and brown eyes.

my Ladybug....

has brown hair and brown eyes....

and...

this is too much of a coincidence.

I believe in signs, always have, always will. I believe this was her way of congratulating us on our new baby... her way of showering Ladybug with a little love. I'm glad I kept that little doll, otherwise I wouldn't be feeling her love and hugs all the way from Heaven right now. I miss my nanny so much.

Huggles back to you Nanny.

Love,
Deana

No comments: