Monday, March 1, 2010

This little bug can ride





We left Friday morning for Mississippi in two cars, all of us fighting over who was going to ride with Ladybug. I, of course, and Nanny won most of the time. She did really well during that 7 hour drive so I'm really happy that she can travel well. That means we'll be planning many more road trips in her future.

Friday night was pizza at Grandpa's along with a birthday cake for me. So sweet and delicious! I really had a nice birthday and I'm almost sure I can handle sharing birthdays with my daughter every year.

Saturday afternoon we spent at The Meadows for a shower/meet and greet for Ladybug. Everything was so nice, the lunch, cake, and so many presents and well wishes for her. She loved the attention and being around all of our friends and family. We received some lovely gifts. We are so proud of everything especially the books and clothes. She received her very first bible...pink with her name engraved. It was a special gift from Angie. Oh and I will definitely have one of the best dressed babies this summer!

Here's some of my favorite pictures from the shower:











After the shower, we went outside and took a few pictures. I love this one of all the baby cousins: Marissa, Ryder, Luke and Tate. Luke smiles on request every time...I wish Ladybug would too!



Angie, Rob and Luke. (She wanted to make the blog. Yay, you made the blog!)



We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with more family. I introduced Ladybug to MaMo at the hospital. In browsing through most of the pictures, they both seem to be looking at each other in most of them. Aunt Pat, Aunt Charlotte and Grand-dad are also in this photo.



It was a whirlwind weekend and so very fun being with my family. Love you all and thank you so much!

We are back home now and trying to get ourselves unpacked.

Huggles,
Deana

No comments: