Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello, my name is...





...and I have a shoe obsession. Not shoes for myself, but cute little fun infant shoes. I had to have a pair when we traveled to China and was sad when I realized they were only 2 sizes too big. I quickly found out that finding shoes for her petite feet wasn't going to be easy. I can count at least 4 pair of sassy summer sandals just waiting. But that little foot, it hasn't grown a bit!

When she began to stand, I decided that she had to have a pair of walking shoes. Hello? That has to be the magic pill that makes her get up and go, am I right? Oh, and these walking shoes cost as much as an adult pair of shoes! Woah.

Today, the wild hair said she needed sandals. Flip flops or sandals that she could wear right now instead of wait to grow into. I came home with nothing. We tried on plenty though! The pair that actually fit her at was a size 0-3 months. Crazy tiny little feet...I couldn't bring myself to buy them. The size alone scared me away.

The obsession has subsided for now...but I'm sure it will be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys - Becky L. and I finally looked at your site today and I was so happy to see all the pics of Marissa. She is still the BEST dressed little girl! You guys look so wonderful w/ her and am so happy for you. I am sorry I haven't contacted you before now - but I often look our China pics & say thank you to God for the wonderful experience I got to be a part of. I hope pics I took for you all made it to the scrap book. Now that I have your blog I will check it more often. Best wishes & prayers to you all! Becky H.

Deana said...

Thomas was just saying that we all should meet for dinner sometime. Hope we can work that in one of these days! Take care!