Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Leaf it to me

While driving to work this past week, I noticed all the leaves on the trees were turning yellow and orange. There were even some areas along my drive where the leaves were literally falling onto the roadway. Usually in Texas, our trees go from green to dead and we never see the changes in color. This fall is definitely more colorful than years past.



I took these pictures although I'm more of a camera-dabbler than a photographer.



This closeup picture shows the true colorful essence of the fall season. I walked down into the woods to get this shot and all I could think about was, "Lord, please don't let a snake bite my ankle. Thomas is in Kansas this week and my cell phone is in the car." It all went well, I only saw a silly grasshopper.

I'm off to curl up on the sofa with a scrapbook magazine to watch the election returns. Hope you voted!

No comments: