Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This little box



This box has been around for the past 17 years. To most it would appear to be just an ordinary clear acrylic box with hinges. It's been sent through the mail many times. It's traveled by car, sometimes a few hundred miles at a time. It's been stuffed into grocery bags, purses and luggage. It's been filled and emptied, only to be filled again.

My sister, Nikki, sent me this box for the first time when we were both in college, but in different states. I honestly can't remember what it had in it the first time. What I do remember, is putting a little happy in it and immediately mailing it back to her. That's how it all got started and we've been doing it ever since.

Sometimes it gets set aside and forgotten about for a few weeks or months. But sooner or later, it's found and then it's sent off with goodies inside once again.

Nikki and I met this past Sunday for lunch and shopping. I had mentioned to her that I needed to get some makeup. (She sells Mary Kay.) I was very excited when she pulled the box from her car and handed it to me with makeup inside!



It's a wonderful little sister tradition that we have enjoyed for so many years. I know if the box ever broke, we'd just patch it up with some tape and keep sending it back and forth. This little box represents love.

1 comment:

nikki said...

17 years! We are getting old!

Love this blog. Got a little teary-eyed.

Now, go fill the box!