Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Randomness

Today was my last day at work, at my current job. I felt a mix of emotions today. They had a cake and a nice card that everyone signed for me which really meant a lot. But I was also a little sad leaving many friends and co-managers behind, not to mention one of the best sales teams. Now I get to build a new team all over again.

I was offered a promotion to manage one of the largest volume Sears Home Improvement departments in the Dallas area. I already drive about 45 - 60 minutes and I was concerned about going to this location because of the additional 20-30 minutes. Money talks though and boy did it! I am excited about this opportunity and the money, but I know I will be earning every penny. If you're ever in the Hurst area, that's where I will be.

Thomas has already charged up his GPS for me to borrow on Monday. Plus, he printed from online driving directions of all the different ways that I could possibly drive to get to Hurst. Isn't he the sweetest guy? He knows I'm directionally challenged and that I'd be calling him at the first hint of being lost.

I downloaded an excerpt from the first Twilight book onto my ipod last week and listened to it on my way to work one day. It was only a 40 minute excerpt, but I loved it and went the very next day and bought the books! Yes, it's so close to Christmas but I had to have it! I ended up buying the boxed set and I'm enjoying it so much.



Thomas and I are spending the rest of our weekend getting ready for Thanksgiving. His parents are coming up along with his younger brother and girl friend. This will be the first time that we've ever met or heard of a girl friend and they will all be staying with us. My parents have also decided that they will make the trip back to Dallas for us to have Thanksgiving together. They will actually be staying with Nikki and just joining us for lunch. I have also invited a couple of people from work that do not have family or friends in the area. We will definitely have a houseful of guests. I'm thankful that they are all making the trip to us since this is a busy week at work for me. I've also managed to get the easy dishes to make: Deviled Eggs, Cranberry Salad (which I ordered from La Dolce Vita) and drinks. I feel guilty about not cooking more, but I'm already tired thinking about how many hours I'll be working this week.

No comments: