Monday, August 24, 2009

It's okay...



The stork has landed for a few others, but our Ladybug's arrival is still forthcoming. The CCAA has give referrals through a log in date of March 24, 2006 which was only a two day referral batch this time. As you know, our log in date is March 29, 2006. 5 more days! (2 of those are weekend days)

I'm feeling frustrated and tired of waiting. It was so much easier to wait when we were so far away from our goal. Oh, and we were so much younger 4 years ago when we began this process! I expressed my concern to my parents last weekend that I almost feel too old to "have" a child. I look at facebook and see all my friends and old school-mates that have almost grown children while we're just now getting started. This isn't how I thought everything would turn out, but I do know that Ladybug is out there on the other side of the world waiting for me. Then I get excited about what's coming! And it's okay....

It's okay to be impatient.

It's okay to be nervous.

It's okay to be unconventional.

1 comment:

Texas Howdy said...

It is okay and very natural to be anxious and impatient. I was very impatient in Aug of 1970 for your husband to finally decide to make his grand appearance (Marty was due on Aug 1st) and now I am anxiously waiting for our first grand child (granddaughter). I hope you and Marty hears soon so we can also hear and start buying dresses. Love to both of you. Mom(Margaret)