Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dinner Plans

Last Monday we challenged ourselves to cook dinners at home instead of going out to eat for 10 whole days! Wow, was this going to be tough! As you know, I don't cook very often and in order to accomplish this difficult goal, we had to have a plan. We looked at what we had in our pantry/freezer and made a list of what we could value add to make it through these 10 long days.



The dinners are just listed out so that we can randomly pick whichever one we want. I got home from work tonight and T had already grilled pork chops and baby corn cobs. He forgot the black eyed peas though...it seems he wanted to deviate from "the list." How dare he?!

It will be nice to get the pantry and freezer cleaned out for a change. I won't tell you that I found some frozen veggies that were dated 2008. Don't worry, we didn't eat them!

Perhaps if we make it through our 10 day challenge I'll treat myself to this: Dream Dinners. How neat is it that you can go and assemble a dozen dinners to take home and cook every night for about an average of $13 a meal?

Or perhaps this domesticated cooking thing won't last long. We shall see.

3 days to go!

No comments: