Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our long wet day



Thomas was pushing me out the door around noon yesterday, "Let's go, let's go." Evidently, there's a lot of preparation in getting ready for a UNT football game that doesn't start until 6:00. Supplies, food, and pop-up gazebos. I'm sure glad we had those, it was raining the entire day!

Thomas cooked box after box of sausage. I was in charge of sticking about 120 of them with a skewer and wrapping for the hickory on a stick.

I also walked around to the other vendors and offered sausage sandwich trades. I scored a smoothie! Thomas was much better at this than I and scored a funnel cake, corn dogs and a bag of kettle korn. Yum!

It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work, and I was wet and tired when we finally got home around 10.

We're headed out this morning for brunch.

Happy Sunday,
Deana

p.s. UNT lost the game in 2nd overtime.

No comments: