Thursday, June 10, 2010

1 ounce = turning around

Ladybug went to her doctor yesterday for a quick checkup. She didn't want to see Dr E at all, but she quickly warmed up and started waving and showing off. I love it when she says yeah, yeah, yeah at just the right time! She officially measured in at 29" tall and 19 lbs 15 oz. We are sooo close to 20 pounds! We need that extra ounce so we can turn that car seat around!

We're still doing formula for a few more months. Pout. I was glad to see that she's finally actually on the Standard Growth Chart. She's been far below the last two visits, but she's finally moving up to the 8th %. It is a little disturbing to take a close look at the information and see that they have written under problems "Failure to thrive." Hrmph, in my opinion, she's thriving more and more every day!

Remember the cup training? I was supposed to work on spoon training back in April, but I wasn't ready. Wasn't ready for the mess. Wasn't ready to give up our special feeding time when she was still just a 2 month old baby, at least to me. I decided yesterday was the day that we would start working with the spoon. It wasn't too messy, but we've got a long way to go.

Did she really use to not be able to pick up cheerios? Perhaps the spoon will be learned more quickly! Take a peak:





p.s. Had my first pedi of the season and I'm Cha-Ching Cherry delighted to have had some pampering!

No comments: