Thursday, November 18, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle

I'm definitely not a singer and I wasn't going to post this video, but it's a story that I must tell.

Ladybug became part of our family at the end of January and I've always sung just two songs to her when we're cuddling or playing. Ok, maybe three songs, but I made the third one up. Now I never really knew a lot of children's songs so I would sing the ones I knew.... the Barney Song "I love you, you love me" and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I always grabbed her attention with Twinkle Twinkle and felt like it was a true bonding moment when I sang that song as she would smile and look at me deeply with those dark eyes. As time progressed she began to say "up above" when we came to that particular part of the song. Then, as more time progressed she would babble and try to sing with me her made up words as I would sing.

All of a sudden, just recently when I would sing that song...she would scream after every line of the sing. I didn't tell anyone at first because I was worried. I didn't know if she was tired of hearing me sing or if she didn't want to be close to me, possibly pulling away. I definitely thought the worst.

Here's a little video of how the song would go, Twinkle Twinkle Argh style. (Please ignore my terrible singing voice.) Also, notice that she started out trying to sing with me:





I finally broke down and told T about what was happening and my concerns.

He basically laughed at me and said, "Have you not seen that version of Jack's Big Music Show?"

Well, now it all makes sense! Check this out.





She's like a little sponge...soaking it all up and mimicking everything she's seeing!

3 comments:

Nanou Mimosa said...

You'll soon be able to make a choir both lol

maat890 said...

Thank you so much for the laugh....what a great story. My Mom and loved it.

Mary Ann

Debbie Sauer said...

This just cracked me up!