Monday, November 29, 2010

From Trash to Treasure

Last night I was driving home from work around 10:30 and as I turned into the alley I noticed someone's trash by their driveway. I don't dumpster dive or bring home found items to refurbish...but this was something special.

I grabbed my phone and quickly sent a text to T:
Someone has something special for the trash! Let's go get it!

He says back to me:
Seen it. You want it?

Are you kidding?! My heart is racing and I'm so excited:
Sure! Come on!

T takes his sweet time while I wait with the car running in the driveway:
Let me get shoes.

He jumps in the car and I leave the garage door up. We head back down the alley to the special house with something special. I'm excited and also second guessing whether this really is someone's trash. But I want it. I want it bad.

We reach the house and I pop the trunk...knowing this isn't going to fit in my car. T picks it up with a quick swoop and props it onto the trunk. He's going to hold it and walk while I drive back to the house! Oh yeah, this baby is ours!

I slam his door that was left open and get back in the car and start slowing driving back to the house. I look back and T says, "Go...go!" Hmm, maybe he's nervous about this too. I punch it and look back to see him huffing and puffing trying to keep up.

We did make it safely back home with something special. AND we didn't get caught!




A little something special for you sweet Ladybug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you camping out tonight?

Dad

Nanou Mimosa said...

Ladybug looks delighted his new home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she will have so much fun this summer and on warm days. You must take pictures of her in it if it snows and it has snow on top which I know the camera whiz will.Mimi