Friday, December 10, 2010

A New Tradition



I'm going to have a Christmas ornament tradition with Ladybug by giving her one special ornament every Christmas. Of course, I wanted this year's to be extra special since it is our first Christmas together. All of the Baby's First Christmas ornaments just didn't feel right to me since this is actually her second Christmas.

So, for this year, I decided on Hallmark's "Our Family" ornament that is also a photo holder. I'm planning to write her a message on the box or packaging every year as well. This year's message says:

You've been with us for 11 months now and we have enjoyed every minute. I love how you have blossomed and grown learning something new every day. We are so excited to be having our first Christmas with you! We waited so long for this! Love always, Mama and Dada


p.s. That's a little sneaky peaky of our Christmas card photo...

2 comments:

Mom said...

It makes my cry to read the wonderful memories you and Thomas are making for your baby girl. So sweet Deana. Love you all, Mom

Ken-Jennifer-Hannah said...

We purchased that same ornament this year. Hard to believe its been 11 Months since we got our babies :) Merry Christmas Deana to you and your family. The start of Beautiful Christmases to come :)