Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gardening 101



Whenever the weather warms up, it spurs a trip to the nursery to look at flowers and plants. I don't claim to have a green thumb whatsoever as it totally skipped me in the family gene. Both my parents can grow anything ... Why can't I? Last summer, I bought a gorgeous hibiscus tree for the patio with braided tree legs. I loved this little tree, paid a small fortune for it, and was given a one year growth warranty. Sadly, it passed away over the winter. I gardened in the backyard today and removed it from the pot to make room for a new little hibiscus bush. I'm marching back up to the retailer with my receipt later today to see if they will exchange the dead one! Perhaps they will honor their commitment or perhaps they will laugh at me and tell me to find a new hobby. We shall see.

No comments: