Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Candy Day

The long awaited candy day was today! I didn't rush over to Nikki's this morning, just took my time and packed all the goodies into the car. When I walked into her place, it smelled heavenly...she had already made her almond cake. (It actually has a more complicated name, but I couldn't remember much less even attempt to spell it.) We spent hours making candy and cookies including 3 batches of fudge and 2 batches of peanut butter balls. We talked about how those peanut butter balls are so much a part of Christmas for us. We grew up making those every year with Mom and they are a favorite!



You'll notice how perfectly shaped Chef Nikki's candies are.



This was a new recipe called Chocolate Bon Bons that I wanted to try and it turned out fabulous! After rolling them out, you dip them into the chocolate just like the peanut butter balls. Notice, the fancy dipping tool that made the candy day so easy? We don't know what its official title is but we decided it should be called the Magic Dipper. I sure hope to find one in my stocking this year.~



I drizzled a little white chocolate and peanut butter mixture on top of my peanut butter balls and then whipped out a batch of my famous peanut butter cups. Tomorrow's goal is to get them into festive containers and delivered to some special friends.



It was a great day and we had some much needed sister time. Thanks chick!

1 comment:

nikki said...

Toscakake!

And I had a GREAT time as well! Took a little nap after you left and got up to make another almond cake. Got some boxes together to deliver today myself!

Had so much fun! Can't wait till next year!